Within the project, the Municipality of Gotse Delchev implemented a study - profile of social entrepreneurship in the cross-border area through primary (questionnaires, interviews) and secondary data collection (MLSP, chambers of commerce, business associations and organizations, etc.). Surveys were conducted among the key stakeholders in the social sphere, which covered 3 municipalities within Blagoevgrad District - Gotse Delchev, Garmen, Petrich, Sandanski, Satovcha, Strumyani and Hadjidimovo. The opinions of managers and representatives at the managerial level in companies developing activities in the social sphere were collected and summarized. The main conclusions from the analysis of the information are the following:
1. It is generally agreed that the social entrepreneur should be good, especially in managing his team, finding financial resources, as well as making decisions combined with the availability of legal knowledge. These skills could be developed and acquired most easily by studying various examples and good practices, as well as by participating in lectures and trainings. In order to be able to develop constantly, it is important for a social entrepreneur to have good communication and management skills, as well as to be able to identify social needs. Innovative and creative thinking was identified by the participants in the study as the most key, followed by positive thinking, ethical and sustainable attitude and innovation. These key characteristics are essential for a social entrepreneur to develop in the field and build his business successfully.
The role of social enterprises is recognized as a bridge through which to promote active integration and vulnerable groups to reach (and stabilize their situation) in the areas from which they have dropped out (education, health services, labor market). That is why it is extremely important to create appropriate conditions for the development of social enterprises with the widest possible scope.
2. In order to create sustainable models of social entrepreneurship in the cross-border region, it is crucial to continue investing in the development of social policies and services that can address serious risk factors and enable social enterprises to to build on the social effect. It is necessary to develop diverse and sufficient social services to ensure the availability of all kinds of support (currently services for people with disabilities are prioritized). Partnerships in these areas are crucial.
3. According to the respondents, social entrepreneurs in the cross-border region should be provided with access to various trainings and practices aimed at mobilizing the available internal and external resources, as well as paying attention to the opportunities for partnership with local business and creating a new one, modern vision, along with upgrading entrepreneurial skills and culture. In this regard, social enterprises have the capacity to become one of the most reliable partners of the central and / or local government in resolving issues in the social sphere and to promote the social inclusion of people from different vulnerable groups.
4. The main conclusion we can draw is that in order for social entrepreneurship to be effective, it should have well-functioning and stable civil society organizations, a local government that relies on the partnership and invests a local resource in it, a business that is socially engaged. in solving social problems. At the cross-border and municipal level, on the other hand, concrete efforts should be made to build sustainable partnerships between local government, business and the non-governmental sector.
In this regard, what would give a good start at the local level are the creation of local funds to finance ideas for social entrepreneurship of NGOs, providing resources for the multiplication of successful models of social enterprises through affordable funding and exchange of experience with business, creating conditions for competitive offering of the products of social enterprises and their promotion.
Within the information events organized by the Municipality of Gotse Delchev with the participation of local and regional stakeholders, the training in the field of social entrepreneurship developed by the Department of Scientific Management and Technology, Kavala, Hellenic International University, Greece was promoted. The participants acquire new knowledge that is useful for them in the direction of creating their own social enterprise, as well as for successful implementation of activities in working companies in the field of social economy, maximizing the social impact of their actions in accordance with modern challenges and needs. of the business environment.
The training program provides a base of knowledge and information related to business development and communication on topics such as business opportunity recognition, business model development, market research, business plan preparation, finance, marketing, sales, social impact measurement, communication strategies and team management. They have a wealth of information on social entrepreneurship ideas from existing international and national practices.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are able to:
• Understand modern concepts and challenges for social entrepreneurship and social entrepreneur;
• Acquire knowledge about the institutional framework governing social entrepreneurship at the international and national level;
• Acquire knowledge and skills related to business development and communication on topics such as recognizing business opportunities, developing a business model, researching
market, business plan preparation, finance, marketing, sales, social impact measurement, communication strategies and team management;
• Recognize and evaluate the practices for selection, training and development, evaluation and rewarding of human resources;
• Draw ideas for social entrepreneurship from existing international and national practices;
• Develop a business plan for establishing a company in the field of social